Which states offer free GED testing?
4 states offer GED, TASC, or HiSET testing for free: New York, West Virginia, Connecticut, and Maine.
- New York and West Virginia use the TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion)
- Maine is using the HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- Connecticut uses the GED exam (but there is a small registration fee)
2 states and DC partly subsidize the GED test:
- Arkansas: the GED exam fee is $16 ($4 per module or subtest)
- Maryland: the GED exam costs $45 for all 4 subjects, $11,25 per module
- The GED exam costs $15 for the entire battery ($3.75 per subject test)
To see details about your state go to https://onsego.com/ged-state/